Wednesday 10 February 2016

Love is in the Air

Love is in the Air
“And the greatest of these is love”   I Corinthians 13:8
                
Valentine’s Day is February 14 and as some people realize,
it is a special occasion for couples, married, dating and children kindergarten to Grade 3 as it is a time to acknowledge that as humans we have strong emotions and choices in how to share them. We love others because of the circumstances we find ourselves in and because of the choices we make. Love is a choice and it is a wonderful gift from God. We love because God first loved us. (I John 4:19)  But how often do you think of the love of God the Father/ Creator has for you?
                “The Father’s Love Letter” is a compilation of Bible verses that are presented in the form of a love letter from God to you. It states, “My child, “You may not know me, but I know everything about you. I know when you sit down and when you rise up. I am familiar with all your ways. (Psalm 139:1-3) Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. (Matthew 10:29-31) For you were made in my image. (Genesis1:27)….
                This letter continues to describe God’s hand in your life before one is born and the unconditional love that God has for those who seek him and delight in him.  This letter also describes the relationship of God the Father and Jesus the Son given so that reconciliation may take place. “I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love. (Romans 8:31-32) If you receive the gift of my son, Jesus, you receive me. (I John 2:23) I am waiting for you (Luke 15:11-32)
                What a wonderful gift- God’s love for us which never stops, fails or ends. God’s love which surrounds us when sorrowful, encourages us when we are challenged and unconditional no matter what!
                As we reflect on Valentine’s Day, the day we honour those who have and receive love. Let us remember why and how we might love others- because of God Father, His Son Jesus Christ and the Spirit which leads us always.
REFLECTION:
Valentine’s Day is for those who love. Do you love?  That is do you choose to share yourself with another? When we consider God’s gift to us in Jesus it is the ultimate gift of love.  Nothing not even candy and flowers compare to this love. But the question is do you accept this love? Do you share and show your love as Jesus taught? We are called to love each other because first loved us? What are the ways you share and show love?
PRAYER:
Loving God we thank you for your love, that it is unconditional, always enduring and never failing. You taught us how to love through the gift of your Son who lived our human life and was and is love. We ask O God that you would continue to love us, to show us how we too may continue to love others with faith and with hope. We ask this with and through our love for you. Amen.

 |Father’s Love Letter may be found at Fathersloveletter.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

please type your comments here.